|The Athens-Clarke County Hearings Board is a seven-member body composed of ACC residents appointed by the Mayor and Commission for four-year terms. The Hearings Board meets regularly on the second Wednesday of each month to hear requests for variances from Zoning & Development Standards, the Environmental Areas Ordinance, the Flood Protection Ordinance, the Sign Ordinance and the Community Tree Management Ordinance, as well as appeals of staff interpretations.|| Members
Edward Simpson, Chair
Ricky Boggs, Vice-Chair
Thomas Patrick Shearer
Agendas & Project Information
- Annual Meeting & Deadline Schedule
- Current Agenda
- Past Agendas
- Project Information & Location Maps
Project information, including location maps, for projects on current and past agendas can be found in the ACC Calendar. To view this information, use the Calendar links at the right (in the grey box) to click on an upcoming meeting, or search for meetings through the main Calendar page. Project information is posted on the date it was heard by the Hearings Board in the "Hearings Board Meeting" calendar.
Resources & Applications
- The Hearings Board is defined in Athens-Clarke County Code Sec. 9-4-10 F.
- By-Laws & Rules of Procedure for the Hearings Board
- Variance Application - Community Tree Management
- Variance Application - Flood Protection
- Variance Application - Floodplain & Riparian Buffer Areas
- Variance Application - Signs
- Variance Application - Zoning & Development Standards
- Waiver Application - Forest Management Activity
- Application Fees & Submittal Requirements
Sign Up for Notices
Anyone may sign up to receive periodic e-mails or text messages about projects on Hearings Board agendas through Athens-Clarke County's Neighborhood Notification Initiative (NNI). Notices are sent monthly, prior to upcoming meetings, and also in the event of a change to an agenda.
NNI Information & Sign-up Instructions